FAQ: 5 Tips for a Great Personal Statement
Recently we have been getting a number of questions about the personal statement. Here are some tips for those of you who are still working on your application.
5 Tips for a Great Personal Statement
1. What are your career goals? It is fine if you are not entirely sure, but give us an idea about what you want to do in the short and/or long term.
2. Why graduate school? Why did you decide to apply to Fels? Tell us what you hope to get out of your course work and graduate school experience.
3. Feel free to let your personality shine through—we want to get to know you .
4. You don’t need to include all of your accomplishments, especially if they are listed in your resume. Highlight what is important and relevant.
5. Your personal statement should be 1,000 words or less.