The National Invitational Public Policy Challenge, hosted by the Fels Institute of Government at the University of Pennsylvania with Governing Magazine, is an unparalleled opportunity for students to learn, connect, and serve. Modeled after MBA business plan competitions, the competition challenges student teams to develop a policy proposal and civic campaign plan to achieve significant change in their communities.
In 2014, teams from graduate schools across the country will compete on March 22nd and 23rd at the Third Annual National Invitational to win prizes to kick-start their policy proposals.
In 2013, the Challenge was proud to welcome the following schools to compete:
- Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington
- Fels Institute of Government, University of Pennsylvania
- Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Georgetown University
- Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
- Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University
- , University of Texas at Austin
- Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service, New York University
- University of Georgia
- Columbia University
Governing magazine, the publication of record for state and local public leaders, is the presenting partner of the Challenge. Judges for the Challenge are named from among Governing's Public Officials of the Year. The 2013 distinguished panel of judges: