The National Invitational Public Policy Challenge, hosted by the Fels Institute of Government at the University of Pennsylvania with Governing Magazine, is an unparalleled opportunity for students to learn, connect, and serve. Modeled after MBA business plan competitions, the competition challenges student teams to develop a policy proposal and civic campaign plan to achieve significant change in their communities.
In 2015, teams from graduate schools across the country will compete on March 21st and 22nd at the Fourth Annual National Invitational to win prizes to kickstart their policy proposals. Please stay tuned for a list of schools that will be participating in 2015!
In 2014, the Challenge was proud to welcome the following schools to compete:
- Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington
- Fels Institute of Government, University of Pennsylvania
- Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
- University of Minnesota
- , University of Texas at Austin
- Georgetown University,
- University of Southern California
- Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service, New York University
- University of Georgia
- Columbia University
- Princeton University
Governing magazine, the publication of record for state and local public leaders, is the presenting partner of the Challenge. Judges for the Challenge are named from among Governing's Public Officials of the Year. The 2015 panel of judges will be announced in 2015.
The 2014 distinguished panel of judges: