For over 70 years, Fels has worked hand in hand with clients at the local, state and national level on over 1,400 projects to strengthen the impact of the public sector. This section includes information about some of the projects in which we are currently involved.
- The Annual Report of US States is a student-led effort to analyze the sustainability of state spending with respect to important fiscal issues, including health care, pensions, and education. Fels was responsible for examining factors such as unemployment rates, federal spending, deficits, and surpluses.
- Beyond the Website: The Early Implementation of the Affordable Care Act in Pennsylvania is a comprehensive report written by the members of the Fels Institute of Government Master of Public Administration (MPA) Class of 2015, on various aspects of the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
- Community Learning Center (CLC), a literacy nonprofit serving low-income adults in Philadelphia, is working with Fels Consulting to develop a strategic plan based on a strong vision and direction for the future of CLC.
- Greater Philadelphia Area Housing Reports are quarterly documents by Senior Advisor Kevin Gillen on housing prices throughout the Delaware and Lehigh Valleys. These reports highlight four areas, the City of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Region, the Jersey Shore and the Lehigh Valley.
- Leading in a New Age is a world-class executive education experience customized for the challenges faced by Workforce Investment Board executives. This nine-month program will guide participants in solving a pressing challenge or pursuing an important opportunity their organization is facing.
- The National Association of State Chief Administrators partners with the Fels Institute of Government to develop and
facilitate its annual NASCA Institute on Management and Leadership.
- Social Media, Second Edition features critical updates to the Making the Most of Social Media report released by Fels Consulting in 2009 which was produced as a guide for local governments experimenting with social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Reading Entrepreneurship Development is a project to work with the Wyomissing Foundation in Reading, PA to ascertain how the public sector can encourage entrepreneurial development.
- Transforming Library Services to the Job Seeker through Collective Impact seeks to reimagine how libraries can serve neighborhoods by providing place-based support to job seekers in the community.