For over 70 years, Fels has worked hand in hand with clients at the local, state and national level on over 1,400 projects to strengthen the impact of the public sector. This section includes information about some of the projects in which we are currently involved.
- The Annual Report of US States is a student-led effort to analyze the sustainability of state spending with respect to important fiscal issues, including health care, pensions, and education. Fels was responsible for examining factors such as unemployment rates, federal spending, deficits, and surpluses.
- Greater Philadelphia Area Housing Reports are quarterly documents by Senior Research Consultant Kevin Gillen on housing prices throughout the Delaware and Lehigh Valleys. These reports highlight four areas, the City of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Region, the Jersey Shore and the Lehigh Valley.
- Job-Centered Economic Development Strategies is a project with the Annie E. Casey Foundation to identify and examine replicable employer-driven talent development strategies aimed at lower skilled workers and at-risk youth.
- Leading in a New Age is a world-class executive education experience customized for the challenges faced by Workforce Investment Board executives. This nine-month program will guide participants in solving a pressing challenge or pursuing an important opportunity their organization is facing.
- The National Association of State Chief Administrators partners with the Fels Institute of Government to develop and
facilitate its annual NASCA Institute on Management and Leadership.
- Promising Practices for State Cabinet Secretaries is a new report that explores core competencies that can help these important leaders succeed in their positions. Based on numerous interviews, this report features real-life narratives that illustrate the skills and techniques leaders can use to tackle key challenges and “get things done.”
- Public Engagement Promising Practices is a practical guide on the whys, whats, and hows of carrying out a public engagement session that enables leaders and organizations to gather first-hand community input on local issues and potential policies.
- Social Media, Second Edition features critical updates to the Making the Most of Social Media report released by Fels Consulting in 2009 which was produced as a guide for local governments experimenting with social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Reading Entrepreneurship Development is a project to work with the Wyomissing Foundation in Reading, PA to ascertain how the public sector can encourage entrepreneurial development.
- Talent Dividend assessed the Greater Philadelphia area's progress toward increasing the amount of post-secondary degrees conferred and is conducted in partnership with local stakeholders facilitated by Select Greater Philadelphia.