Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
The Nonprofit Administration Certificate offers current and aspiring nonprofit leaders a practical education to have an even greater impact on their organziations and communities.
- The four course, graduate level certificate can be completed in one year on your schedule, or can be combined with another graduate program, including the MPA
- The certificate has a interdisciplinary curriculum covering the fundamental competencies of nonprofit management such as organizational leadership, finanacial management, marketing, and fuundraising.
- Upon completing the certificate, students will be prepared to go further faster in their nonprofit career.
The two core courses provide students with foundational skills:
- Leading Nonprofit Organizations
- Nonprofit Financial Management or Financial Management of Public and Nonprofit Organizations*
A choice of two electives rounds out the certificate:
- Marketing and Fundraising for Nonprofits
- Grant Writing
- Social and Public Innovations
- Social Enterprise Models and Social Impact Locally and Globally
- Program Evaluation and Data Analysis
- Media Relations and Messaging in a New Media World
*This course is part of the Executive MPA core curriculum. Full-time MPA students may count GAFL 651.
- All 4 course units must be taken at Fels
- Students with five or more years of professional experience or previous graduate coursework that duplicates the content of a core requirement may request a waiver of that requirement. If the waiver is granted, the student replaces it with a Fels elective within the Certificate.
- MPA students may only count a course to one Certificate degree.
- MPA students may only count a maximum of 2 MPA core courses toward a Certificate.
Disclosure Information Required by the U.S. Department of Education for Gainful Employment Programs
11-1021 General and Operations Managers
11-2013 Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
11-9030 Education Administrators
11-9151 Social and Community Service Managers
13-1121 Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
21-1012 Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
21-1020 Social Workers
Tuition is charged on a per course basis. Rates and fees are viewable here.