Fels Consulting has provided our clients and partners with a variety of high-quality products. Browse all our reports here or search by the categories listed below. Check out the new Promising Practices report, What It Takes to Lead State Agencies.
Promising Practices Report Series: A promising practice is an action, program, or process that leads to an effective and productive result in a situation. These briefs provide public sector leaders and managers with effective, practical and concise information on a broad range of public management topics.
- Solving the Skills Crisis: Promising Practices for Talent Pipeline Development
- What It Takes to Lead State Agencies: Promising Practices for State Cabinet Secretaries
- Building Common Ground: Public Engagement Promising Practices
- The Rise of Social Government: An Advanced Guide and Review of Social Media's Role in Local Government Operations
- A Quick & Effective Way to Figure out What Works for Your Community, A Research Manual
- How Cities are Using GIS in PerformanceStat Programs
- Smart Cities: Performance Stat at 15
- Making the Most of Social Media: 7 Lessons from Successful Cities
- Sustainable Strategies for Small Communities: Promising Practices in Environmental Nonprofit Management
Performance Management: Fels has covered this topic in several reports, including two Promising Practices reports: How Cities are Using GIS in PerformanceStat Programs and Smart Cities: Performance Stat at 15.
Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization: A challenge for municipalities accross the country, housing and neighborhood revitalization is an area where Fels has particular expertise. The following reports discuss this important issue.
- Old York Road Community Organization
- Neighborhood Stabilization and Safety in East North Philadelphia
- Housing Asset Management Strategy for Allentown, PA
- Vacant Property Reclamation & Neighborhood Change in Southwest Center City Philadelphia
- A Briefing Paper on Philadelphia Housing and Community Development Issues
- West Philadelphia Initiatives: A Cast Study in Urban Revitalization
- Vacancy Inventory and Reinvestment Strategies for Reading, PA
- A Housing Strategy for Allentown's Downtown Neighborhoods
- Vacant Property Reclamation and Development in York, PA
- Vacant Property Policy and Practice: Baltimore and Philadelphia
- Beyond the Foreclosure Crisis: Reconstituting the Rental Housing Market in PA
Community Engagement: Fels Consulting has produced reports discussing community engagement in the Promising Practices series including, Making the Most of Social Media. Other publications include:
Others: Fels Consulting produces publications on a variety of topics. Other recently published briefs include:
- Beyond the Website: The Early Implementation of the Affordable Care Act in Pennsylvania
- Talent Dividend: College Retention and Graduation Inventory in Greater Philadelphia
- Philadelphia's Residential Tax Abatements: Accomplishments and Impacts
- Recent Trends in Immigration to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- What it Takes to Be a Successful State Chief Administrator: Core Competencies for Effective Leadership